The Main Gymnasium Floor is approximately 115′ x 100′ of hardwood flooring. This facility is suitable for volleyball, basketball, martial arts, dance or exercise activities, lectures, concerts and exhibitions.
The Main Gym was previously the home court for the UCSD NCAA Men’s and Women’s Volleyball, Basketball, and Fencing teams. Additionally, numerous concert and lecture events, summer camps, and non-University events — such as the workouts for the 1992 Olympic Dream Team — have been hosted in this complex.
Men’s and Women’s locker rooms and showers are available on the first floor of the Main Hym. These facilities are accessible through the west lobby and provide support for the entire Main Gym complex.
Main Gym Features:
- Maximum capacity of 1,600
- Bleacher seating for up to 800 on the floor
- Total of six basketball goals
- Floor sleeves for up to six badminton courts and two volleyball courts.
- One main basketball court of 95′ x 50′
- Two basketball courts crossing the main courts at 74′ x 42′ each
- One main volleyball courts of 60′ x 30′
- Two volleyball courts crossing the main courts at 60′ x 30′ each
- Six badminton courts of 44′ x 20′