Not a Member? Recreation Members receive access to all our facilities located conveniently across campus, and receive discounted pricing on a variety of classes, trips, services and more! Become a Recreation Member today.
Outdoor Leadership Coordinator Tessa Opperman (858) 534-8211 | email@example.com | Trips Schedule PDF
Get a bunch of friends, club members, residents or family together on a cool outdoor trip and save money. We provide:
- Years of experience and expertise in the areas we travel
- Experienced and trained guides
- Flexible and action-packed trip schedules
- All permits and reservations
- All group equipment (kayaks, tents, safety equipment etc.)
- Great food and cooking equipment
- Transportation from Outback Adventures (please call for groups with minors)
- 50% discount on any personal equipment rentals
- A memorable experience and loads of fun
Group adventures are open to anyone. Outback can plan, outfit and lead customized outings and team building events tailored to your group’s goals. For more information and to book your group, contact Tessa Opperman, Outdoor Leadership Coordinator, at (858) 534-8211, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prices are for UC San Diego student groups
- Non-student groups — call for pricing
Outback trips serve UC San Diego students, staff, faculty and the general community
by providing adventures such as backpacking, camping, kayaking, surfing and rock climbing.
Participants must be 18 years or older, except on child specific programs or family trips
where younger participants must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Transportation to and from the outing from Outback Adventures
- Trained and experienced guides
- Instruction in the trip activity
- All safety equipment
- All group camping and trip equipment unless otherwise noted
- Entrance, parking and camping fees
- Food while camping (on trips longer than 1 day)
- 50% rental discount at the Outback Rental Shop on any equipment you need for your trip!
All of our trips are geared for beginners with no previous experience or skill, unless
otherwise noted. Our trips are designed to expose you to new skills and introduce you
to the diverse activities that you can enjoy in the outdoors. Some of our trips, however,
are more physically demanding than others. All watersports participants must be able to
swim. If you have questions about whether a trip will fit your physical abilities, please
contact the Outdoor Leadership Coordinator at (858) 534-8211.
To sign up for trips, register online, drop by Outback Adventures, Outback Surf Shop or RIMAC
during our business hours. Don’t miss out! Register early—trips fill quickly. Sorry, we are
unable to take registrations over the phone. Note that the first price listed is for UC San Diego
students and Rec Card holders and the second price is for all others. All trips depart from Outback
Adventures Rental Shop unless otherwise specified.
We plan for success. Outback Adventures creates trips and prepares resources and logistics with our
mission, customers, and goals of the specific trip in mind. We are disappointed when programs must
be canceled, but it happens on occasion. Some of the reasons we need to cancel a program are:
- Predicted or prevailing unsafe weather conditions
- Insufficient sign-ups
- Illness or injury among the guiding staff
- Rarely, other circumstances beyond our control
In the event that we must cancel a program due to one of the above stated reasons, Outback Adventures
issues all participants full refunds. Participants are notified of the change in plans. Our staff immediately
begins the process of issuing refunds.
If you cancel your registration:
- More than 30 days before 1st day of program = 90% full refund
- More than 14 days before 1st day of program = 75% refund
- Less than 14 days before 1st day of program = no refund
NOTE: Transferring dates, programs or times constitutes a cancellation and the above policy applies.
Adventure travel has inherent risks of injury and/or death. These risks contribute to the "adventure" aspect of our trips. UCSD Outback Adventures and its employees assume no liability for any damages, loss, injury or death as a result of our trips. Some trips have a prerequisite fitness level, for which the participants are responsible. Any person participating in an Outback Adventures trip is personally responsible for his or her own safety.