Not a Member? Recreation Members receive access to all of our facilities located conveniently across campus, and receive discounted pricing on a variety of classes, trips, services and more! Become a Recreation Member today.
The WorkStrong program is a UC system-wide initiative that provides specialized health and wellness programs for those who have been injured on the job.
UC WorkStrong is a comprehensive program designed to reduce the risk of further injury and promote overall health and wellness. The program is free and is designed to fit each individual’s needs. Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Available upon referral from the UCSD Center for Occupational & Environmental Medicine
- Pre- and post-body composition assessments included
- Pre- and post-flexibility/mobility and strength assessments
- Nutrition Analysis with a Registered Dietitian
- Focused on functional strength for your workplace
- Flexible hours geared towards what works best for you
- 6 months access to the UCSD Recreation Facilities
- Deep tissue massage therapy included
- Locations: RIMAC, Out Patient Pavilion and UC Medical Center in Hillcrest
- Post-Rehab Training: WorkStrong clients will receive 12 weeks of one-on-one attention with a health coach, who will develop an action plan based on your specific needs to improve your posture, daily movements, health and well-being and strategies to reduce stress.
- Nutrition and Weight Management: Clients will receive one-on-one sessions with a registered dietitian and obtain in depth analysis of eating habits, learn how nutrition can affect health and chronic medical conditions, set realistic goals regarding eating habits and integrate healthy eating into your schedule and lifestyle.
- Life Balance and Stress Reduction: Our team will help you form those stress reduction strategies geared towards making you feel better day by day.
- Massage therapy: Deep tissue massage therapy to decrease your stress, aches and pains.
UC Workstrong General Information