One of Recreation’s nine program areas is Outback Adventures, a guided trip program built “to provide opportunities for challenge, leadership, community and environmental responsibility through adventure experiences.”
What does this mean?
Long story short, it means that here at UCSD Recreation, we provide some outrageously cool experiences in the form of guided outdoor adventures with qualified, experienced guides at very affordable prices. Each quarter, Outback Adventures leads several unique trips to amazing locations around the Southwest. You have a free weekend, so why not spend it skiing through the gorgeous snow in Bear Mountain? If the cold isn’t your cup of tea, maybe try a day exploring the canyons and caves of Anza Borrego or venturing across Baja California on horseback.
Whatever your interest, Outback Adventures is sure to have something for you. See below for a complete schedule of Winter 2014 trips, and be sure to visit the Recreation website and register now!
- Anza Borrego Canyons, Caves, and Hot Springs
- Rock Climb Mission Gorge
- International Center Ski and Ride Bear Mountain
- Moonlight Kayak Mission Bay
- Moonlight Hike Cowles Mountain
- Ski and Ride Mountain High
- Ski and Ride Bear Mountain
- Backpack Joshua Trea National Park
- Black Canyon Kayak and Hot Springs
- Baja on Horseback
- Potato Chip Hike Mount Woodson
- Check our website for a complete listing!
With such a diverse group of trips, it’s not surprising that many students highlight their Outback Adventures experience as one of the best in their college years.
Beautiful scenery, low prices, and expert guides make for a pretty perfect trip… why not go on an Adventure (or two) yourself?