Not a Member? Recreation Members receive access to all of our facilities located conveniently across campus, and receive discounted pricing on a variety of classes, trips, services and more! Become a Recreation Member today.
Anastasia Ray, ATC Sports Clubs Athletic Trainer
(858) 822-7904 | email@example.com
Anthony De Hoyos, MS, ATC Sports Clubs Athletic Trainer
(858) 822-6747 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletic Training is a unique profession, in the field of sports medicine, practiced by BOC Certified Athletic Trainers. Athletic Training encompasses prevention, diagnoses, and rehabilitation of emergency, acute, and chronic medical conditions involving impairment, functional limitations, and disabilities. Athletic Trainers work under the direction of Sports Medicine and Orthopedic physicians, in collaboration with Sports Medicine Interns, chiropractors, acupuncturists, dieticians, student-athletes, and coaches to allow quick and safe return to participation following an athletic injury. It is our goal to provide high quality of care in an educationally progressive atmosphere.
Our Certified Athletic Trainers are available for treatment, rehabilitation, evaluation, concussion management, and baseline concussion appointments. Please understand that you cannot set an appointment for treatment or rehabilitation without first having had an evaluation completed. Hours vary daily and appointments book up quickly, so if there is no available appointment that fits your schedule, please email both Anastasia and Anthony. We will do our best to get you in.
Please make sure you schedule an appointment with a Sports Club’s (SC) Athletic Trainer and be sure to double check the location of your appointment (RIMAC vs. Warren for example). To make an appointment, please click one of the appropriate booking buttons below:
Evaluation – for new injuries only. Scheduled in 30-minute time slots but please try to allot at least an hour in order to get some form of treatment.
Rehab/Treatment – for continued care after you have received an evaluation, please also choose this if you are coming in for continuous concussion management. Scheduled in 15-minute time slots, but you will most likely be in the ATR at least 30 minutes.
Meetings - to discuss injuries, issues, or other health related topics. 30-minute time slot.
RIMAC Baseline Concussion Testing (RBC Testing) – please only schedule this if you cannot make mass baseline testings AND we told you to make this appointment.
Super Computer Baseline Concussion Testing (SCBC Testing) – for all mass baseline concussion testing dates. These are in the Super Computer Center, which is the building located to the South of RIMAC Arena.
ATHLETIC TRAINING ROOM RULES:
We are happy to share the Athletic Training Room with Intercollegiate Athletics and strive to maintain a professional and inclusive environment in which Sports Clubs Athletes and Intercollegiate Athletes can equally succeed in their individual goals. Below are some rules that help us maintain a positive, healthy, safe, and thriving environment.
- You must have an appointment to be treated or evaluated, unless otherwise told by Anastasia or Anthony. If you come in without an appointment, you will not receive treatment.
- Please come dressed in athletic clothing that allows you to move, or be moved, without restrictions. Shorts and T-shirts or tank tops are best during evaluations and if you will be receiving manual therapies.
- If you are engaging in physical activity before your appointment, please shower first, then come to your appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please sign in.
- No food in the treatment area of the Athletic Training Room.
- Access to the Athletic Training Room offices is restricted to staff only.
- You can only be assisted by either Anastasia or Anthony, and a student intern, if Anastasia or Anthony are present.
- In-season student-athletes with an appointment will receive priority during rehab times.
- Do not “friend” any athletic trainers or student interns on social media.
- Refrain from offensive and or discriminatory language or actions.
- No cleats inside the ATR.
- Shoes are not to be worn on any table in the athletic training rooms.
OFFICE FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITITES
If you require assistance getting to the ATR or around campus, please contact OSD who can validate your mobility limitations to obtain assistance from Triton Mobility Services - ADA.
(858) 534–4382 (V)
(858) 534–4650 (Fax)
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
The Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) is centrally located on the main La Jolla campus in University Center 202. University Center 201 and 202 are part of the same building, located on the corner of Myers and Gilman Drives.
UC Sports Medicine Internship
Are you interested in a hands on experience with Athletic Trainers, Sports Clubs and NCAA student-athletes, doctors, chiropractors, and acupuncturists? Will you be of junior standing in the next academic year? Apply to our Internship! Applications will be posted to Handshake every December - January for the following academic year. Please email our athletic training staff for more details.