On April 11th at Canyonview Pool and Warren Fields, there will be the event of the year, as enthusiastic Tritons go head to head in a battle of fitness feats.
Are you someone who likes a little friendly competition and is always looking for new active outlets? Then sign up now for Triton Games 2014, a competitive game event to determine the Ultimate Tritons of UCSD.
Team and Individual Offerings
The scoring is simple: whichever Triton has the most points overall will win the glory of being Ultimate Triton. In the team division, you have the ability to play to your strengths: decide which team members are stronger in each event to maximize your overall score. As a result, not every team member has to compete in each event, and the winning team will be determined by the combination of you and your teammate’s score.
This event is sure to offer a good time to all, spectators and competitors alike. If you want to take advantage of the Triton Games event without vying to become an Ultimate Triton, then check out our Open Division. It’s simple: buy 12 tickets and use them to do whichever activities you like- without being scored!
We look forward to seeing all of you on game day, and as always…
May the Odds be Ever in your Favor.
Finalized Competitive Events
- 50 Yard Swim. Swim two lengths of the Canyonview pool while timed.
- Boulder Dash. Use the Outback Climbing Center to climb along different routes. The more difficult it is, the more points you get!
- 40 Yard Dash. A quick sprint for 40 yards that will be timed
- Farmers Walk. Walk while carrying weight and see how far you can go in one minute. Weight will vary
between male and female contestants.
- Pull Ups. It’s pretty simple: complete as many pull-ups as you can! This event is not timed.
- Obstacle Course. Test your agility and speed against our inflatable obstacle course. The goal is to complete this course as quickly as possible in this timed event.
- Broad Jump. Jump as far as you can from a standing position.
- Last Stand. In this ultimate game of capture the flag, your goal is to be the last person standing. Points can be earned by becoming the event victor and collecting flags.
- Aquagility. Participate in this aquatic obstacle course, where you will paddle on a soft top surfboard while zig zagging through obstacles in water as fast as you can. Every minute matters- this is a timed event!
- Kayak Jousting. This is as cool as it sounds: balance on a kayak while your partner paddles forward and you try to knock off the competition that is heading in your direction with their own.
What about Open Events?
Many of the open events are the same as those in the competitive divisions. Those that are different have descriptions below:
- Obstacle Course
- Boulder Dash
- Kayak Jousting
- The Cannon. Show us your hand/eye coordination on our Triton Games target board. You get a couple of tries to make your target.
- Slack Line. Test your balance as you try to slack line across the pool. The best out of two attempts will be counted towards your score.
- Gunk Tank. Test your luck (and grit!) in this messy gunk to win some prizes by searching around in some gnarly goo.