RETURN TO REC
The safety of our members and team members is what’s most important to us. Recreation continues to be dedicated in delivering a healthy way of living to our triton community with a carefully planned and phased approach to reopening. Each of us will play an important role in making recreation a safe experience for all. Here is some of what you can expect in Returning to REC.
What to bring with you:
- Green thumb symptom check email
- Student ID or Rec Member ID Card
- Pools: enter and exit through outdoor gates on south side of Canyonview Pool.
- Outback Climbing Center: No change.
- Fitness Gym: No secondary swipe in fitness gym.
- Enter fitness gym through normal entrance east.
- Exit through the east doors and then south gate of the Canyonview Pool.
- Continuous scheduled disinfection and cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the facilities and equipment
- Facility hours and reservation times adjusted to allow for deep cleanings.
- Recreation Staff receive training on cleaning and disinfecting protocols and are provided with the appropriate kits and supplies.
- Easy, readily available equipment for members to disinfectant equipment after use.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are conveniently located throughout the building and fitness zones.
- Prior to entering our facility, everyone must be screened that they
- Are personally asymptomatic (no fever over 100.4, cough, shortness of breath, chills, sore throat, muscle aches or loss of taste/smell)
- Have no one in household with symptoms
- Have not had unprotected contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 for the last 7 days.
- If you have a fever or are symptomatic at check-in, you will not be allowed into Rec facilities until you have been cleared by your medical provider and provided written documentation to Recreation staff.
- While queueing for entry, please maintain 6’ of physical distancing from all other non-housemates.
- Everyone must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering the facility.
- Entry with reservation only. Contact tracing info, phone and email, will be collected at the time as part of the registration/reservation process.
- For non-aquatic spaces, you will be issued a color-coded disposable wristband upon entry and must wear the wristband while in the facility.
- An extra mark on bracelet of some sort for folks approved for mask exemption
- No reentry to facility after exit.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 you will not be allowed into Rec facilities until you have been cleared by their medical provider and written documentation is provided to Recreation staff.
- To protect others, everyone that enters the facility is required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth, except while actively using fitness equipment, working out or swimming. Patrons should consider wearing face coverings during workouts.
- Everyone must maintain at least 6’ of physical distancing from other patrons at all times while in the facility.
- Must wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon entry and should wash hands or use hand sanitizer frequently while in the Rec facility.
- Stay within reserved zone.
- Refrain from handshakes, hugs, fist bumps, or physical contact of any kind. Air high-fives encouraged!
- Follow signage for one-way traffic areas.
- Follow instructions regarding the closure of specific areas or equipment to ensure distancing can be maintained.
- Follow all posted guidance and directions from Recreation staff and adhere to the Recreation Code of Conduct.
Patrons not following Health Responsibilities will be subject to the following consequences:
- One-week reservation suspension
- Students - referral to student conduct
- Suspension of Rec facility access
- Return to REC Memberships are currently only available for UC San Diego staff, faculty, and unenrolled students
- Enrolled students and GSA members have access through fees, but $0 membership registration is required during the current pandemic conditions
- Masters Swim Memberships available to all
- Access will be limited according to reservations and building capacities
- Return to REC Members must abide by all current campus and Rec department safety policies and code of conduct
- Reservations may be made online up to 48 hours in advance
- Members are limited to one 50 minute reservation per day
Masters Swim Program
- Reservations may be made online up to 5 days in advance
- Members are limited to one workout reservation per day
- Walk-ups are permitted, given the reservation time has slots available
- Walk-up check ins open 5 minutes prior to the reservation start time
Late Show – patrons can show up late but must leave at the end of reserved time
- Reservations not claimed within 15 minutes of the start time will be declared no-shows and become available for walk-up check-ins.
No Shows – goal is to help patron understand the impact of their no show
- 1st - Education
- 2nd - Warning
- 3rd - One-week reservation suspension
- 4th - Two-week reservation suspension
- 5th - Four-week reservation suspension