Youth Swim Class Office
Office (858) 534 – 5246
Office (858) 534-6757
- Enroll your child in the proper level based on the pass/retake certificate given on the last day of the previous quarter. Please read your certificate carefully, ask your swim instructor or call the Swim Office at (858) 534-5246 to ensure you know the appropriate level to enroll in for the next quarter.
- If you are new to the Swim Program please read the class level descriptions carefully and choose the level that best fits your child. If unsure, choose the lower level option.
- Do not enroll your child in the next level up unless he/she has completely passed the previous level. Doing so may result in being dropped from the class due to safety and consistency concerns.
- While registering, please keep in mind that most children spend two – six sessions in the same level.
- Prior to registration we encourage you to review our How to Register page. If you have any problems with your online profile please contact the REC Sales Department at (858) 534-3557.
- If you are unable to register in the appropriate level you can waitlist for individual classes online through the registration store rec.ucsd.edu.
- Prior to the first day of class, registration and transferring is open and you can check availability online. Once classes begin registration is closed and any new registrations or transfer requests must be approved by the Swim Office. After the first day of lessons if any space becomes available the Swim Office will contact individuals from the waitlist to offer the spot. Swim classes are not pro-rated.
- If you have questions about the online waitlist please call the Swim Class Office (858) 534-5246.
FIRST DAY AT THE POOL
- On the first day, please bring your class registration receipt (on your phone or paper) to the pool to verify the class your child is enrolled in. If a spouse or relative brings your child please make sure they have this information with them.
- Find your child’s name on the rosters at the entrance to the pool. Your child will not be allowed into the pool if his/her name is not on the class roster. If you do not find your child’s name on a roster go to the Sales Desk in the Main Gym for registration assistance.
- Sit on the bleachers under your swim class level sign to meet your child’s instructor before class begins. Signs are posted on either side of the pool corresponding to class levels.
- Observe lessons from the bleachers. Please do not approach the edge of the pool or interact with your child during the lesson. This can cause a safety risk to the Lifeguards on duty, and a distraction to the swim instructor and other children and parents.
- You do not need to check in with the Head Swim Instructor in the Swim Office at the start of class.
- Changing clothes on the pool deck is not allowed. Your child should arrive wearing a swim suit or use the men’s or women’s locker room inside the Main Gym to change before/after class. Show the attendant your swim class registration and they will allow you access. Parents with children under the age of 3 are encouraged to use the Family Changing Room adjacent to the Men’s Locker Room. There are also bathrooms on the pool deck that can be used for changing.
- Please direct all questions about campus parking and general recreation registration or waitlists to the Main Gym Sales Desk.
- ALL Parent ‘n Tot youth participants must wear a reusable cloth swim diaper.