These rules modifications supplement the UC San Diego Intramural Rules for Men’s/Women’sVolleyball. Rules of the game not specifically addressed with this modification guideline will be covered in the UC San Diego Men’s/Women’s Volleyball Rules.
I. Team Size
- A team consists of 4 players on the court in any combination of (2 men, 2 women) or (3 men, 1 women) or (3 women, 1 man). Though there shall be no limit to the number of eligible players on a team roster. Teams must have at least 3 players to start a game – and at least one of each gender must be represented.
II. Court Dimensions
- The top of the net shall be 2.24 meters (7’4”) or collegiate women’s height
III. Length of the Match
- Matches will be scheduled within a one-hour time frame. A match will consist of three games, the first two games played to 25 points and the third game to 15 points –all games are win by two- with caps at 27 and 17 respectively.
IV. Service Rotation/Substitutes
- At the start of each game, teams will establish a service rotation that involves each of their four players. This rotation must be followed for the duration of that game. Entering substitutes must play at least 4 rotations before leaving the game.
V. Play at the Net – Attacking/Blocking
- Men may only attack the ball when positioned behind the 3-meter (10 ft) attack line.
- Men are never allowed to block under any circumstances
- Female players may attack and block along the net with no restriction
VI. Unresolved Disputes
- Any disputes (line calls, attacking, attacking violations, foot faults, etc.) that cannot be resolved shall be replayed
- Teams will be limited to one timeout per game