Register Your Org
Note: Returning organizations must renew their registration each academic year to be valid.
1. Getting Started
- Choose a name.
- Determine whether your group is a graduate, undergraduate, or combined student organization.
- Select 4 to 8 currently registered UCSD students who will be principal members of the organization. You will need their e-mail addresses, and they will need to complete tasks (including taking the registration quiz in step 3) for your group to complete the registration process.
- Select an off-campus, permanent mailing address for summer correspondence.
- Determine the purpose and category of your organization.
- Find out if your organization needs a community advisor. If so, complete the Community Advisor Signature page located under Forms.
- Develop or review your organization's constitution. Make sure it includes the required 6 elements. Renewing organizations may view their constitution during re-registration.
2. Complete the online registration process.
- Select one principal member to complete the online registration process. That member will also send e-mail invitations to the other principal members so they can complete their part of the process.
- Complete the online registration process and submit relevant documents (roster, waivers, etc).You will need your personal ID number (PID) and personal access code (PAC) to log in.
- Note: Any of the following may change your organization's status from ‘current' to ‘pending' until updated by your CSI advisor:
- The number of principal members falls below the required minimum of four.
- A new constitution has been uploaded.
- Changes in ‘purpose of organization' and ‘category' can only be done by your CSI advisor.
3. All of your principal members must complete the online registration quiz, as well as the Principles of Community Training. In additon, one of your principal members must attend a registration session just for recreation clubs.
Rec Club Orientation dates for fall 2012.
All will be held in the Rec Conference Room, RIMAC 4th Floor.
Wednesday, Oct. 3, 12:30pm-2:00pm
Thursday, Oct. 11, 2:00pm-3:30pm
4. Receive your registration confirmation.
- When the following tasks have all been completed, you will receive an e-mail confirmation from your advisor at the Center for Student Involvement:
- All online information is entered, including your constitution.
- All principal members have accepted their invitations, completed all information, and electronically signed the Principal Member Agreement.
- All principal members have taken the registration quiz.
- Your community advisor signature page has been turned in (if applicable).
- All required rosters, letters, and waivers have been submitted (if applicable).
A) Change your org name, purpose, or category by contacting the Recreation clubs advisor.
B) Send a request to the Rec clubs advisor for a mailbox located in the sports clubs office on the 4th floor of RIMAC.
C) Plan your events
- All sports facilities room requests must go through the recreation club advisor first.
- Learn how to plan and enter your student organization event in the Triton Activities Planner (TAP), the new online "Blue Form."
All on-campus events (with the exception of simple meetings and information tables) require a TAP submission. You must begin the TAP process 3 or more weeks before your event date. The corresponding TAP transactions, funding, and module entries must be completed 2 or more weeks before the event date.
To learn more about TAP contact your CSI advisor.
- When publicizing your event, you must:
- Follow UCSD's posting policies.
- Follow University Centers’ posting policies when posting in the Price Center or Student Center.
- Publicize the event as it is presented in the TAP process.
- Include the sponsor name and contact information on all advertising.
- Get approval from the assigned person for approved locations.
Fall Festival on the Green
Get exposure with a table at the Fall Festival on the Green, a student organization fair held each year in early October.