Register Your Org
Note: Returning organizations must renew their registration each academic year to be valid.
- Go to the Student Organization Registration page
- Review the information on how Register or Re-Register.
- Then click on the Complete the online registration process link
- Using Single Sign-On, sign in with your student PID and password
- Choose a Club name
- Determine whether your group is a graduate, undergraduate, or combined student organization.
- Select 4 to 8 currently registered UCSD students who will be principal members of the organization. You will need their e-mail addresses, and they will need to complete tasks (including taking the registration quiz in step 3) for your group to complete the registration process.
- Select an off-campus, permanent mailing address for summer correspondence.
- Determine the purpose and category of your organization (i.e. Recreation Club)
- Recreation Clubs do not need a Community Advisor. If your club wishes to have a Community Advisor then you will need to complete the Community Advisor Signature form on the Forms page.
- Develop or review your organization's constitution. Make sure it includes the required 6 elements. Renewing organizations may view their constitution during re-registration.
Complete the online registration process
- Select one principal member to complete the online registration process. That member will also send e-mail invitations to the other principal members so they can complete their part of the process.
- Complete the online registration process and submit relevant documents (roster, waivers, etc).You will need your personal ID number (PID) and personal access code (PAC) to log in.
Note: Any of the following may change your organization's status from ‘current' to ‘pending' until updated by the Rec Club Advisor:
- The number of principal members falls below the required minimum of four.
- A new constitution has been uploaded.
- Changes in ‘purpose of organization' and/or ‘category' can only be done by the Rec Club Advisor or another CSI Advisor
*All principal members must complete the online registration quiz, as well as the Principles of Community Training.
2014-15 Rec Club Orientation
* At least ONE principal member must attend ONE of the Recreation Club Orientation meetings to be an eligible Rec Club.
Location: Recreation Conference Room in 4th floor of RIMAC
Wednesday, Oct. 8th, 3:00pm-4:00pm
Thursday, Oct. 16th, 3:00pm-4:00pm
Receive your registration confirmation
- When the following tasks have all been completed, you will receive an e-mail confirmation from your advisor at the Center for Student Involvement:
- All online information is entered, including your constitution.
- All principal members have accepted their invitations, completed all information, and electronically signed the Principal Member Agreement.
- All principal members have taken the registration quiz.
- Your community advisor signature page has been turned in (if applicable).
- All required individual waivers and team rosters have been submitted (if applicable).
- Due by OCTOBER 24th, 2014
A) Change your org name, purpose, or category by contacting the Rec Club Advisor.
B) Send a request, via email, to the Rec Club Advisor for a club mailbox, located in the sports clubs office on the 4th floor of RIMAC.
Rec Club Address: (Rec Club Name)
9500 Gilman Dr. #0529
La Jolla, CA 92093
C) Plan your club events
- All sports facilities room requests must go through the Rec Club Advisor first!
- Use the Triton Activities Planner (TAP) to plan your on campus student organization events
All on-campus events (with the exception of simple club meetings and practices) require a TAP submission. A principal member must begin the TAP process 3 or more weeks before the event date. The corresponding TAP transactions, funding, and module entries must be completed 2 or more weeks before the event date.
To learn more about TAP check out this TAP Tutorial Video or contact the Rec Club Advisor.
- When publicizing your event, you must:
- All marketing materials MUST be apporved by the Rec Club Advisor before print
- Follow UCSD's Posting Policies.
- Get approval from the assigned person for approved locations
- Publicize the event as it is presented in the TAP process.
- Include the sponsor name and contact information for all advertising.
D) All registered Rec Clubs will have an informational webpage on the Rec Club website.
- Email important club information to the Rec Club Advisor to update or create your webpage
- A brief summary of what your Rec Club is all about.
- Location and time of pracitice, meetings, or audition/tryouts.
- Instructions on how to join your club.
- A picture (or two) of your club (if your club has a logo you should send that as well).
- Contact information, such as Principal Member's email(s) or club email.
- Facebook Pages, Twitter accounts, club website, or any other social media contact info.
E) Martial Arts & Combative Groups
- Due to unique safety issues, liability, and quality control, clubs, organizations, groups, or individuals interested in either learning or practicing combative-based or martial arts activities on campus must do so through the UC San Diego Rec Class Program.
- Depending on what type of martial arts or combative activity you are interested in starting you may qualify as a Social Club instead.
For more information: Contact: Alfonso Gomez Email: firstname.lastname@example.org