- All Recreation Clubs must have a MINIMUM of ten (10) undergrad or graduate student members
(4-8 principal members)
- All members must carry a valid UCSD student ID or be a current Rec Card Member
- Club participants are required to have their ID with them at Rec Club events and activities.
- No duplicate clubs - If there is a Sports Club or Rec Club of a particular sport/activity already in place, a duplicate Stundent Org cannot become a Rec Club.
- All Rec Clubs must utilize Sports Facility space for week practices in order to remain a Rec Club.
- A request for all Block Time changes, sponsorships/fundraisers, travel, special events, and meeting room requests must go through the Rec Club Advisor.
- No additional Student Orgs will be considered for the Rec Club Program if they do not apply by the end of Fall Quarter (December 14th, 2013).
- Student Orgs applying to become a Rec Club after October 18th, 2013 must meet with the Rec Club Advisor before beginning any club activities or meetings.
- Every Rec Club member, participant, or persons auditioning for a club must complete and sign the RSO Liability Waiver & Recreation Program Registration form before any participation in club physical activities is allowed.
- The orginial waviers/registration forms collected by the principal members must be turned into the Rec Club Advisor before October 18th, 2013.
- One waiver per member each year (September to September)
- Each club must keep a Roster on file with the Rec Club Advisor. If the roster is not kept current you could lose the use of facility space.
- Rec Club Rosters for the 2013-14 school year must be initially filed with the Rec Club Advisor before October 18th, 2013
- The principal members are responsible for informing the Rec Club Advisor of updates to the club roster when new members join and/or current members drop.
- All marketing materials & team apparel MUST be approved by the Rec Club Advisor before print and purchase.
- Clubs can email a copy of all fliers, brochures, posters, apparel designs, and other marketing materials to the Rec Club Advisor.
Sports Facility/Activity Room Reservations:
- All recreation organizations MUST utilize a UCSD Sports Facility
*** If a Student Org is not using a Sports Facility and/or space becomes full, the Student Org should register to be a Social Club with the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) office.
- If a Rec Club would like to use a Sport Facility or studio space, then all reservations and Block Time schedules must be made through the Rec Club Advisor.
- All Rec Clubs that request Block Time are not guaranteed Block Time.
- MAKE ALL FACILITIES RESERVATION REQUESTS VIA EMAIL: email@example.com
- A list of all club performances or competitions, on and off campus, must be emailed to the Rec Club Advisor for approval.
- The Rec Club Advisor must be notified of all performance or competition changes.
- (i.e. additions or cancellations to the scheduled list of events)
- If a Rec Club is traveling for a club event or performance off campus, they must fill out the TRAVEL FORM and turn it into the Rec Club Advisor a minimum of ONE week in advance.
- If your student organization uses a stereo in any of the activity rooms or studio spaces, principal members are responsible for the condition of the stereo.
- If the equipment is damaged, missing, or not working, then a principal member should contact the Rec Club Advisor as soon as possible via phone or email.
- Paid instruction or coaching may not take place.
- Rec Clubs are not allowed to advertise “free classes” or 'free workshops"