Our Yoga - Mind Body Spirit program offers you the opportunity to stretch, relax and discover.
Our staff is highly trained and caring. We offer classes across campus, every day!
New classes in GREEN.
Yoga: Strong Body, Clear Mind, Balanced Spirit For Registration Page Click HERE
Yoga can be as much or as little as you want it to be. For some it is purely a physical pursuit, keeping the body toned, strong and flexible. For others, yoga becomes more of a mindset and a way of living. Whatever your reason for practicing, or your level of experience – we welcome you. FitLife offers a variety of active and meditative yoga classes to help bring balance to your day.
Please provide your own yoga mat. They can be purchased at the Equipment Room at RIMAC for $17.
- Ashtanga - A style of posture practice that emphasizes strength, balance, and continuous flow.
- Hatha - The practice of Hatha yoga increases vitality,concentration and a sense of well being through the use of body postures and breathing techniques.
- Happy Hour Yoga - This playful class is a creative fusion of yoga, strength training, acrobatic partner work, a strong introduction to inversions followed by time to chill and restore. We’ll partake of a warming swig of vinyasa flow, a dash of introductory inversion training, creative core work and cardio with our friends, introductory basing and flying topped off with a restorative garnish. Note that in this class there will be some partner work though it is not necessary to bring one!
- Intense/Relax - A combination of actice Iyengar based yoga followed by a period of relaxing restorative postures. An energizing, challenging, yet very relaxing way to end your work day.
- Iyengar - Developed by yoga master Sri B.S.K. Iyengar, this method emphasizes precision, alignment and a dynamic blend of balance, strength and flexibility in the practice of postures.
- Iyengar I - Build strength and flexibility through the practice of yoga postures that will leave you alert and relaxed. Iyengar method empasizes precision, alignment and a dynamic blend of balance, strength and flexibility.
- Iyengar Mix - A challenging practice for all levels of experience. Iyengar method emphasizes precision, alignment, and a dynamic blend of balance, strength and flexibility. Open your mind/body to the possibilities of this very rewarding system.
- Iyengar II - Deepen your understanding of the yoga postures, challenge your strength and flexibility and gain greater awareness and concentration as you release all your blocked energies! Iyengar method empasizes precision, alignment and a dynamic blend of balance, strength and flexibility.
- Kundalini - As taught by Yogi Bhajan, Kundalini encompasses and draws from all yogic systems and techniques, including sets of dynamic and stable postures for a wide variety of benefits, conditions, and disorders. In addition, numerous different meditation techniques are included and taught for stress management, mental health care, spiritual well-being, expansion and integration of the psyche.
- Power - The unique design of this class will provide you with a challenge no matter your level. Whether you are new to yoga or already have an established practice, you will sweat, tone, cleanse and detoxify your body. Certain more advanced poses will be offered and we welcome modifications to any pose. You will learn to maximize your breathing and better understand your body and breath to support a lifetime of healthy living.
- Raja Hatha - Raja yoga is inclusive of all the Yogas (Hatha, Pranayama and Meditation), a classic system for the purposeful evolution of consciousness. For practicing yogis, the session will serve to deepen your practice. For new practitioners, it will provide you with a solid base and time-tested tradition from which to grow. Beyond the boundaries of the many styles of Yoga available today, the classic method of Raja Yoga will connect you to their underlying essence.
- Vinyasa - Vinyasa is also known as "flow" yoga, this class will move from one asana (pose) to the next. Each class is a unique sequence of asanas.
- Yin - Yin Yoga is a slow paced class that improves flexibility and increases circulation in the joints. This class targets deep connective tissues in the body such as tendons, fascia, ligaments and bones. Yin yoga is complimentary to the more common, yang styles of yoga which are more active and mainly focus on strengthening and stretching the muscles in the body.
- Yoga for Athletes - Athletes need to focus on flexibility, core strength and endurance, and restoring proper alignment. Yoga for athletes is a unique combination of active and restorative postures, breath work, and relaxation and adjustment that both helps performance while also providing much providing much needed recovery.
Meditation & Massage Schedules and Registration Click HERE
- Circulatory Massage - Provides relaxation and tranquility from the stress and tension of long hours spent at a desk or high pressured days. Massage is one of the most ancient healing arts and can enhance your general health and well-being. Various massage techniques will be covered during the course and the students will practice on each other.
- Thai Massage - This course will guide you towards a new "body awareness" for our modern day life styles. The student will learn a brief history of Thai massage and how to adapt Thai massage techniques to the massage table. Includes protocols with the students face up, face down and seated. Students, staff and community participants will practice on each other.
- Intro into Meditation - Whether or not you have ever meditated, you may enjoy this sampling of meditation techniques as they guide you to the blissful silence behind thoughts. Seated, standing, lying down and moving techniques will be covered. Participants will learn to progress from form meditation to subtle meditation to fine meditation and finally to formless meditation. Experience the meditator, the subject of meditation and the process of meditation becoming one.
- QiGong for Scholars - Energize your body and mind with the special QiGong practice of guided imagery, breathing exercises and gentle fluid movement. This class is designed for those who engage in intense intellectual activity while limited in movement, such as seated in front of a computer for long periods of time. Reduces stress, improves sleep patterns and enhances mental acuity.
Fitness-Yoga Pass (purchase at RIMAC Sales Desk)
Can't decide what classes to take, or want to try a little bit of everything? A Fitness-Yoga Pass can be used for most Fitness and Yoga classes, including Pilates, Cardio & Conditioning, Indoor Cycling, and Weight Training. We offer two options: an unlimited pass valid during the quarter of purchase, and a 10-time use pass with no expiration.
- Not valid for special events or workshops
- Admittance is not guaranteed for classes that are highly impacted
- Passes are non-refundable
- Instructor reserves the right to suggest the appropriate level of class
- Must be purchased at the RIMAC sales desk to obtain pass
- Pick up class listing with purchase